By Medicine Hat News on June 7, 2018.
Medicine Hat News
The second Pecha Kucha event of 2018 takes place Friday at Medalta, starting at the usual time of 8:20 p.m.
Eight speakers are lined up to make presentations on topics about which they are passionate. The format is simple: The speaker presents 20 slides, and they automatically advance every 20 seconds.
Says Pecha Kucha committee member Dawn Olson: “The result is always a feeling of connecting with other community members, learning something new, and experiencing an inexpensive night out with interesting people.”
The event is free, but organizers suggest a $1 donation to offset expenses. A cash bar will be set up to help patrons cool off on a hot day.
Friday’s lineup is:
1. Yalda Bozorg — From an Idea to a Concept
2. Lyle Rebbeck — JazzFest: Some reflections on 22 years
3. Andrea Webb — A Journey Through the Bog: Living with PTSD
4. Krista Evans — Storm chasing in Tornado Alley
5. Wes Bell — Unraveling Snag
6. Jared Harty — Advancements in Music Production
7. Bob Horne and Bev Biggeman — Prairie Gypsies.
8. Peter Mueller — Trip to Cuba
You must be logged in to post a comment.