This website is owned and operated by Alberta Newspaper Group LP. By using or accessing this website, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by the present terms and conditions:
1. All the items on this website (including, without limitation, the texts, articles, photographs, images, illustrations, audio and video excerpts, software, etc.) are protected by copyright and belong to the Publisher, its licensors or third parties acting as content providers. Except when clearly stated, all rights on the items of this website are strictly reserved by their respective owners.
2. The Publisher grants you a limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and display on your computer or other electronic access device the items of this website, for your own personal and non-commercial use only.
You may not copy, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute or participate in the distribution or sale of, create derivative works from, translate, download, grant under licence or in any other way exploit, any item offered on this website, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the Publisher.
Furthermore, you agree not to interfere with or circumvent the normal operation of the website by caching, framing or deep-linking its items or by using similar means, without the prior written consent of the Publisher.
You also agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to catalogue, summarize, monitor or copy this website or its items for any purpose without the prior written consent of the Publisher. Should you wish to make any reproduction, distribution, archiving or any other commercial use of the items on this website, or if you wish to produce press reviews or any other kind of media monitoring product from the contents of this website, you must request the appropriate licensing rights from CEDROM-SNi Inc at email@example.com or Alberta Newspaper Group LP.
3. The trademarks and logos used or posted on this website are trademarks and logos owned by the Publisher or by third parties. Nothing on this website may be interpreted in such a way as to allow, directly or indirectly, the use of such trademarks or logos without the prior written consent of their owner.
4. You expressly understand and agree that: (i) your use of this website is at your sole risk; and ii) the items of this website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Publisher expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, absence of error, precision, timeliness and non-infringement.
5. You expressly understand and agree that the Publisher shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other losses (even if the Publisher has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use this website; (ii) the use of the items provided on this website; or (iii) any other matter relating to this website.
6. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the laws in force in the Province of Alberta, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to any conflict of laws principles.
Alberta Newspaper Group LP. considers your privacy important. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all those who provide us with their contact information while using our information, products, events, or services. This policy describes the ways that personally identifiable and anonymous information about our publication subscribers, online media product users, and event registrants is collected, how that information might be shared, and how someone can request changes to the way their personal information is used or shared.
This Privacy Statement applies to websites operated by or on behalf of Alberta Newspaper Group LP. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and related companies such as Lethbridge Herald & Medicine Hat News. This Privacy Statement applies only to personal information collected by Alberta Newspaper Group LP. and its affiliates. Be aware that our websites may contain links to other websites that are maintained by third parties who are not required to comply with this Privacy Statement and for which Alberta Newspaper Group LP. has no responsibility. Please review the privacy policies on any external websites to determine their information handling practices.
Personally identifiable information is information that can identify you, such as your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and fax number.
We collect personally identifiable information that you choose to provide to us when you subscribe to our newspapers sign up for email newsletters; enter a contest; participate in surveys; register for a web site, webcast; or otherwise communicate with us. When you provide this information to us, you are no longer anonymous.
We also may receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
If you purchase products or services on our website or through one of our printed forms, you may choose to provide us with your credit card information.
Alberta Newspaper Group LP. is not responsible for the information you volunteer about yourself in discussions in our forums or in publicly accessible interactions, or the information that you choose to make public in your member profile. To view or change your member profile, please return to the Alberta Newspaper Group LP. business site where you registered.
ANONYMOUS INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Most browsers allow you to modify your security to accept or reject cookies. You need not have cookies turned on to visit our sites, but without them, your access to some areas may be limited and custom navigation may not be available to you.
Like many websites, Alberta Newspaper Group LP. sites may use pixel tags, also known as web beacons, clear gifs, or web bugs. Pixel tags help us improve our understanding of our web traffic and visitor behavior, as well as gauge the response to our promotional efforts. This information is non-personally identifiable and is used for an aggregate picture of how visitors use our site.
We may use your contact information for any of the following reasons:
â€¢ To provide you with information about products or services you’ve ordered, or show interest in including web events and tradeshows.
We may also use your contact information to ask for your input to help in our research about our services, events, or products or to provide you with additional information about this site and about other Alberta Newspaper Group LP. products, services, or events that we think might be of interest to you.
All promotional and research email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications from that particular Alberta Newspaper Group LP. business.
We may also send you e-newsletters with targeted, relevant content. Each e-newsletter will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of that particular e-newsletter.
In some cases, we may send you relevant, carefully-screened offers from reputable third party businesses or organizations. Many of our customers appreciate receiving these offers because they relate to their business or occupation. However, you will always be able to opt out of receiving future third party offers.
We provide contact lists to third party companies that we have employed to provide us with specialized services, including customer service, subscription fulfillment, research, statistical analysis, list cleansing, postal mailings, email and fax deployment, telemarketing, and other information services. In compliance with privacy laws, we also provide our opt-out lists to those third party companies so that they can be suppressed from the communications those companies send on Alberta Newspaper Group LP.â€™s behalf. We only deal with third party companies whom we believe share our commitment to privacy and who will keep your information secure.
If you provide information on a co-branded site or while using a co-branded service, you grant us permission to share the information you have provided with that service or site partner. Their use of your information is subject to their privacy policies.
Certain information, such as your password and credit card information, is never disclosed in any form whatsoever to any outside party.
Any information you provide may be stored and maintained in a secure database in Canada or transferred to a secure database outside Canada.
In the case of a change of ownership or a merger involving Alberta Newspaper Group LP. or any business that is part of Alberta Newspaper Group LP., your contact information associated with that business would be one of those transferred assets.
We use reasonable precautions, including appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures, to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration.
When we contract with other companies to provide us with services, we only share personal information with those that we believe share our commitment to privacy and information security. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
Due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
By using any of our websites, you consent to our use of your contact information as it is outlined in this privacy statement.
If we decide to change our privacy statement, we will post the changes on this page. Users are encouraged to review this page for any changes. Your continued use of this site constitutes your acceptance of this entire privacy statement.