July 21st, 2018

Court Briefs: Man misses court because cops shot him in Lloyd

By Collin Gallant on January 13, 2018.

Medicine Hat News

A man due in court Friday in Medicine Hat is in hospital elsewhere after being shot by police, Court of Queens Bench heard on Friday morning.

Cameron Hugh Green’s case was pushed over to February when it’s expected a three-day trial date will be set on allegations the Calgary man was transporting drugs through the region.

This week, court heard that Green, 29, in custody is in intensive care in an Edmonton hospital.

In late September, RCMP in Lloydminster reported they had shot and wounded Green after a short foot pursuit following a traffic stop of a truck they believed to be stolen.

The Alberta Serious Incident Response Team — which investigates all police involved shootings — is looking into that matter.

Green was pulled over by the Redcliff RCMP in April 2015 for speeding on the Trans-Canada Highway near Suffield.

Authorities allege a subsequent search found 450 grams of cocaine, worth an estimated $40,000, in the BMW.

From the recent incident, Lloydminster RCMP have charged Green with robbery with a firearm after allegedly attempting to carjack another vehicle, assaulting a police officer, assault with a weapon, possession of a dangerous, unlicensed firearm and dangerous driving while fleeing police.

Accused Mountie due in court

A Bow Island Mountie charged with sexual assault will have to find a new lawyer, but will still have to appear in a Medicine Hat court next month ahead of a March trial.

A legal agent for Elliot Teed told Court of Queen’s Bench Justice D.K. Miller on Friday that he has been informed the RCMP will no longer be funding his work on Teed’s defence and he sought to be released from the case.

Teed has not been on active duty since April 2016, when he was charged with one count of sexual assault and two counts of breach of trust following a physical search of a female following a traffic stop earlier in the year. He is living in New Brunswick, court heard.

A pretrial conference is still scheduled for March 1, with trial still scheduled to take place from March 19-23.

At the time charges were laid, RCMP spokesman stated that an internal RCMP Code of Conduct investigation would resume following the resolution of court proceedings.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.