February 18th, 2018

Netflix plans no changes in airing ’13 Reasons Why’

By The Associated Press on February 13, 2018.

In this March 30, 2017 photo, Joan Marie and Author Jay Asher appear at the Netflix "13 Reasons Why" premiere in Los Angeles. A planned second season of “Thirteen Reasons Why” on Netflix will be unaffected by the recent allegations of sexual harassment against author Jay Asher. Netflix said in a statement Tuesday that Asher was uninvolved in the new season. On Monday, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators told The Associated Press that Asher had been kicked out of the organizations because of complaints about harassment. (Photo by Steve Cohn/Netflix via AP)

NEW YORK – A planned second season of “13 Reasons Why” on Netflix will be unaffected by the recent allegations of sexual misconduct against author Jay Asher.

Netflix says in a statement Tuesday that Asher was uninvolved in the new season which is scheduled to air this year. The streaming network says the new season “not be impacted.”

Asher’s bestseller from 2007 about a suicidal teenager is the basis for the Netflix show. On Monday, the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators told The Associated Press that Asher was kicked out of the organizations because of complaints about harassment. The Oklahoma Writers’ Federation has already cancelled a planned keynote address by Asher at a conference in May.

Share this story:

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.